I'm a firm believer that good quality products don't have to wipe out your savings account. I have a few go-to drug store essentials that help keep my beauty tab in check (because let's be honest, sometimes things get a little OOC in Sephora!)
- Johnson's Melt Away Stress Relaxing Lotion (which is now sold as Johnson's Baby Bed Time Lotion). I started using this product when it was marketed to adults. Now, they've reformulated and it's marketed for children and babies at bedtime. I still use it. It smells good, feels good, and I'd imagine it's great for sensitive skin since I now have to hunt it down in the baby section of Target.
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara - Sometimes people ask me what mascara I use. Admittedly, I probably I tow the line on wearing too much sometimes. I love long, thick lashes. I can't help it, I'm a mascara addict and I've tried every single product out there. I really think the drug store brands got it right with mascara and it's not a product that has to break the bank. The thing that sets Lash Blast apart from the rest is the brush. It really gets in between each lash giving both volume and length. Pair this under product #4 and you're in business!
- Almay Oil Free Eye Make Up Remover pads - At the end of the day, you've gotta get all that eye make up off. Nobody wants to end up looking like Bob Costas at the Olympics. Almay's remover pads make it quick and easy to wipe it all off. Plus, it's oil free which is great for contact wearers like me.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara - Ok, back to mascara because really, you should put another coat on! ;) Don't mess around with any of the fancy curved brushes that this brand offers. Just buy the jet black Voluminous original mascara. Can't beat it.
- Say Yes to Cucumber Facial Cleansing Towelettes - You know the situation...it's the end of the night, you want to just climb into bed, but you need to take off your face first. Sometimes you just don't have the energy to go through the whole Clarisonic, cleanser, toner, moisturizer drill - but cannot afford to skip a night of makeup removal. That's where Say Yes to Cucumber Facial Towelettes come in handy. I just put the pack right on my nightstand for my extra lazy nights. The "Say Yes to" brand products are always 95% natural, free of parabens, petroleum, phthalates and SLS, and made with recyclable materials. So if mother earth is your home girl, this company has got you covered.
- Vita Fusion Gummy MultiVites - They are delicious and apparently good for the bod. End of story.
- St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer - Something about the word collagen usually piques my interest, but being a marketing professional I know better than that. It's a buzz word and it worked. I bought it, but I don't regret it. For under $10 you get a huge tub of facial moisturizer that's also great for your neck and décolletage. When I am not using my heavier moisturizers from the department stores during the winter (like this one or this one), I definitely feel like St. Ives is a suitable supplement!
- Sally Hanson Insta Dry Nail Polish - The number one reason I skip a manicure is because I don't have the patience to wait for my nails to dry. No need to wait long for this polish which dries in 60 seconds. Sure it doesn't look as perfect as a salon manicure, but it does the trick in a a dire situation. I also really love Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure polishes which dry in under five minutes. I just bought it in Greige, obviously!
I'd love to know your drug-store secrets - but let's keep them beauty related!