- One of my favorite bands (and the band I've seen the most in concert), The Hold Steady came out with a new album on Monday called Teeth Dreams. My former co-worker penned a great review.
- Favorite song on the album? "On With the Business"
- Favorite lyric from that song? "I said a couple of things that probably weren't technically true." Makes me laugh.
- Favorite all-time THS song? Toss up between "The Swish" and "Killer Parties"
- Are you going to go to their concert this summer? I hope so. I'm hoping they announce summer part 2 dates for their tour. If not, we're going to Indy!
- Beauty minute with Rashida Jones. I love her natural look.
- My immensely talented friend from childhood, Emily, just launched a new site called Letters to Sweaters. She's telling the story behind the 50 pieces in her wardrobe. Emily is one of the best writers I know. Her letters are captivating and vaguely mysterious. You'll get hooked, I promise.
- Another fabulous friend of mine from college, Andrea, started a travel and lifestyle blog called Beyond the Avenue. I live vicariously through all of her adventures. She's headed to the British Virgin Islands next . I can't wait to read all about it! Her travel review even made a cameo on Condé Nast Traveler's Gold List.
Have a great weekend!