It's hard to believe it's been over two weeks since we went on vacation to Scottsdale. It seems like a distant memory. We stayed at our friends parents' home in Paradise Valley, which is a stones throw from Camelback mountain and the Phoenician Resort and Golf Club. The perfect weather coupled with all of Scottsdale's amenities had us asking ourselves "why don't we live here" more than a couple of times.
Where we went:
- AJ's Fine Foods. You know I love an upscale grocery store! I mean, look at the way they stack their produce? It's a masterpiece!
- Fashion Square which is like an amusement park for shopoholics. We stopped in to Zara and then found a cute wine bar with live music for a glass of rose.
- The W Hotel's Bliss Spa where we had a hot cream manicure. Best manicure I've ever gotten for $25, fo sho!
- Then we hopped over to Culinary Dropout for lunch and cocktails. I got a drink called "Between You & Me" with grapefruit, cranberry and lemon. Between you and me, it was amazing!
- Kierland Commons where we shopped at Anthropologie and Athleta. This mall is fabulous, so many wonderful stores in an outdoor setting.
- Scottsdale Quarter where the we got blowouts at Drybar, played around at Sephora, and had lunch at Brio.
What we did:
- First and foremost, we lounged around the pool or in the hot tub, usually with a cocktail in hand, garished with rosemary and lemons from the garden. Ah, take me back!
- The guys hiked Camelback mountain
- We all played a lot of rounds of Cards Against Humanity
- I vaguely recall a cartwheel and juggling competition
- Drank mini champagne's out of a can and ate curry chicken salad...every day!
- The guys played two rounds of golf, while we shopped and got pampered
- We ate at Relish, the Phoenician's burger bistro one night, grilled at home the second, and ordered pizza from Humble Pie the last.
- We spent an afternoon poolside at Hotel Valley Ho where I got to meet up with my soon-to-be sister in law, Jill, and surprise her at her bachelorette party.
How we got around:
- UBER! How luxurious and convenient is this service!? Although Pittsburgh just got Uber, their service area doesn't cover our suburb. I am ready to petition. Who's with me?
So, to sum it up. We had a great time in beautiful weather with wonderful friends and perfect hosts. As you can see we were happy to arrive, and sad to leave. Are those pathetic sad faces or what?!