I could have gone to Scottsdale with my swimsuit and a toothbrush and had a wonderful time (incidentally, I forgot to pack my toothbrush). But since underpacking, or packing just what I need for a three-day trip really isn't my forte, I thought I would share with you a few items that made the trip a little bit better.
- Top Shop high-waisted bikini in black and lilac. Because if you're anything like me - and you find something you really like - you buy two! The top is $30, bottoms are $20.
- H&M sheer maxi dress - airy and light for a casual dinner out. I wore it for our dinner at Relish at the Phoenician.
- Jergen Natural Glow body moisturizer - I have no qualms about letting people know that I spray tan. There is no way I'd be donning my suit in March without the help of a little DHA. To keep the color a little longer, I top it with Jergen's Natural Glow moisturizer. This fair lassie will take all the help she can get!
- Cards Against Humanity - this game will have you simultaneously busting a gut while fiercely hoping you've not offended anyone. Or is that just me and my Catholic guilt? I'll go to confession - this game is worth it! Heed my warning, this is not a family-friendly game.
- Nars blush in "Gainty" and lipstick in "Roman Holiday" - something about bubblegum pink just seems right in Scottsdale.
- Tory Burch thin enamel black flip flops - Yes, the straps on these flip flops inevitable snap at the end of each summer - but I think it's because they are the only shoes I wear for at least 3 months straight. I have no problem buying a new pair each season, they are cute and comfy.
- Tortoise shell, cat eye sunglasses - I really wanted these Tory Burch glasses; however, I don't have a good track record with keeping my sunglasses around for long, so I bought knock offs from Rue 21 for $4.
- No. 4 Prep and Protect Leave-In Conditioner- I already talked about this product here, but it really came in handy with the dry heat and blazing sun in Scottsdale.
- A good playlist. "Good" is a relative term, but here are the highlights of my Scottsdale playlist.
Blue Sky - Allman Brothers
Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin
You Already Know - Arcade Fire
Marmalade - Anders Osborne
Laredo - Band of Horses
Could you be loved - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Icarus - Madeon
Road Song - Allman Brothers
One Big Holiday - My Morning Jacket
Algiers - Calexico (their AZ based afterall!)
Rewrite - Paul Simon
Fire It Up - Modest Mouse
Bad Moon Rising - CCR
Fortune Teller - Xavier Rudd
To Be Young - Ryan Adams
Jet Sounds - Nicola Conte
Jane Says - Jane's Addiction
Ghostwriter - Rjd2
DARE - Gorillaz
Hotel Yorba - White Stripes
Give it Away - Andrew Bird