Subscribe in a reader
- Alt Blog & Alt Channel is a forum for members of the “blogging family” across the world. The founders of Alt realized that there weren’t any live events for bloggers to catch up with one another, in “real life” to discuss blog trends, best practices (I can’t believe I just used that phrase - I hate that phrase) and up and coming technology. I’d love to attend a conference in the future, but since they’re all sold out, I’ve resorted to the Alt Blog and Alt Channel to register for workshops and connect with other bloggers with common interests. It’s a great resource if you’re looking into improving your blog or if you’re just beginning.
- Square Space: After a lot of investigation, I will be transferring my blog to SquareSpace in the near future. I love their designs which are clean, simple and well suited for bloggers. This transfer will allow for more customization on my site, SEO, and my own domain name. You might see some other changes too…guess you’ll just have to wait and see.
- BaubleBar - How did I not know about this?! Hundreds and hundreds of necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings at amazing prices. Plus they ship free of charge and all returns are also free! The site adds new accessories Monday - Friday so the selection is always up-to-date and unique. You can also earn 1 point for every $1 you spend, and for every 10 points, you get $1 toward your next purchase. Refer a friend and receive 150 points if they make a purchase (that’s $15 in your pocket my math-challenged friends!)
- The Indianapolis 500 - Had to throw this in the mix since we’re going to the Indy 500 this weekend. I haven’t been back to this event since the first time I went 6 years ago. It’s an overwhelming day to say the least. It’s loud, usually extremely hot, and there are a lot of…interesting people every where! But it’s fun and definitely worth attending at least once in your life. We’re not racing fans but Jay loves the tradition of spending the day in the in field with all of his friends every Memorial Day weekend. I am mostly looking forward to catching up with family and friends that we miss a lot in Indy!
- 7 Free Fonts: Hipster Edition - More free fonts made available by Peter Loves Jane. This time they are “hipster” fonts. I’m not exactly sure how that translates into fonts, but they are cute and I’ll take ‘em!