I couldn’t nail down a category for this week’s Friday Faves - so I think from now on, it will just be anything that’s on my mind! Without further ado….
- Polyvore: Ever wonder how I put together my images for Friday Favorites? Probably not - but in case you were, it’s through Polyvore.com. What typically took much more time - and an investment in Photoshop or Indesign - can now be done online in half the time, for free! Polyvore has a clipping tool (think Pinterest - “Pin It” tool) that allows you to clip images from the Internet to put into your “Sets” which are online collections of whatever products you’d like. The site seems to attract primarily fashion bloggers, but also interior decorators since creating “mood boards” is super simple on Polyvore. I use it to brainstorm room concepts to see what colors, textures and furniture might go together well. Check out some mood boards that I’ve made here and here. If you’d like to see how to use the site, Dana from House Tweaking takes you through a few tutorials here, here, here and here.
- Minted: You may know that I really like paper. I haven’t shown you my overflowing drawer full of cocktail napkins yet or my stacks of thank you notes that I couldn’t possibly use in this lifetime, but trust me, I am a paper product hoarder. Minted, in addition to being a site full of art and paper products, is also a community of online paper lovers and designers. Designers are encouraged to submit their work to the site and users can vote on their favorites. The winner gets to have their product sold on Minted.com. It’s great because a little competition uncovers some of the most beautifully designed art, stationary, decorations, etc on the web (at least in my opinion!) The peony picture up in the favorites collage is a print I think would be a great addition to my home office.
- WINE!: Francis Coppola Chardonnay or Testarossa Pinot Noir. Either (or both) will do. I just need some. NOW! Looking forward to splitting a bottle this weekend with Jay after his long week of traveling.
- Style Me Pretty Living: I lived and breathed Style Me Pretty while I was planning my wedding for the latest trends in “accessorizing” my big day. Since then, they have expanded their brand to also include a “Living” site that features home tours, party decoration, and endless galleries of “how to” lifestyle tutorials. Their photography is crisp, clean and bright. It gives me something to shoot for.
- Peter Loves Jane: I landed on this custom design site through Pinterest when I was searching for free fonts to download for my Adobe Suite. I found that and much more on Peter Loves Jane. I’ve downloaded the free chalkboard fonts, free simple fonts, and my favorite free pretty fonts. If you’re interested in this sort of thing, she also has a great collection of free printables too. Her bread and butter is designing everyday and wedding stationary (which just happens to be one of my guiltiest pleasures!) All in all, this site has all of my favorite beautiful things in one adorable spot. Hooray!