I’m Christen and I’m an online shopping addict. Not really, but I have recently been browsing (and buying) much more online than I typically have in the past. I attribute this to our proximity to the mall and larger shopping centers and a realization that if I can get free shipping why would I want to schlep myself all the way to the mall, park, browse, try on, dodge salespeople, etc if I could just have the stuff I want show up at my porch when I get home from work. Some may call it lazy, but really it’s just more efficient.
Jay and I are Amazon Prime members which means all eligible products on Amazon.com ship for free within 2-3 days for a flat annual rate. I think we paid $75 and let me tell you, it has been put to good use. Anything from clothing, to rugs, to air filters, to shampoo. It’s ALL there! And actually to drive the point home further, I just checked out our order history and found that Jay has bought an electric water heater timer, nuts and bolts to fix his bike, and bulbs to replace my brake light! I’m not kidding, Amazon has EV-ER-Y-TH-IN-GGG!
Anyway, although Amazon didn’t make the Friday Favorite List, it surely is one of our go-to websites.
Without further ado, here are my Friday Favorites: Online Shopping websites.
- One Kings Lane: I look forward to 11 AM each day when my One Kings Lane email arrives in my inbox with today’s home decor deals. They have tons of pretty printed pillows, furniture selections for under $300, and any knick knack your heart could desire priced at 70% less than retail. The last item I purchased was an adorable Vineyard Vines blue and pink whale pattern collar and leash for Lucy. Unfortunately I don’t have any good pictures of her wearing it because her lion mane usually covers her collar, but trust me, its very cute and very preppy. While I was very happy with my purchase what really made me excited about One Kings Lane was that they sent me a set of embossed Thank You notes along with my first purchase. How thoughtful!
- Gilt: Gilt is a daily flash sale website that provides women’s, men’s and children’s clothing as well as home decor, food, wine and other luxury items at a discounted price. I have a confession, I’ve never actually bought anything from Gilt.com, but I continue to peruse the daily sales to see if there is anything I just have to have. I also wish that they would expand their Gilt City category to Pittsburgh. But for my friends who live in Chicago, DC, NYC, and Boston (to name a few) you should definitely check out what they have to offer around town.
- Joss & Main: Much like One Kings Lane, Joss & Main is a daily home decor sale. Think Home Goods or TJ MAXX just online (and without the tempting checkout line of goodies! Oh, yes I do need a bag of truffles and some wrapping paper!) The deals only last for about 3 days and with limited quantities on each item, you have to move quick. I snatched up my 5x8 Teal Addison indoor/outdoor rug that I told you about here for under $185. I also bought a set of blue chevron pillows for our master bed that were under $25/pair. Quick tip: if you refer a friend to the site and they purchase something, you get $15 toward your next purchase and once you’ve purchase something, you get 30 days of free shipping (after that it goes back to $9.95).
- Etsy: Who doesn’t love Etsy? I love having access too small business owners across the country that sell one of kind items at a great price. Plus, Etsy gives me great inspiration to get crafty and to get my DIY on!
- Daily Grommet: Admittedly, this is sort of a weird site. In a good, novelty kind of way. You’d be hard pressed to find the products on Daily Grommet anywhere else. Most of the products are utilitarian and have some sort of function or help to solve a problem you might have in daily life. For example, did you know that Bamboo is a natural deodorizer? It is! Daily Grommet suggests to buy a sack of bamboo charcoal and pop it in you gym bag. Their daily items are sort of a comic relief during the day, but it’s interesting to see what inventions have been submitted!
There you have it! My list of guilty pleasures! Do you have any sites you love? I’d love to hear about them!